Tuesday, March 29

Diary Account Of Our Editing

On the first day, we were getting introduced to the new macs and were everything is and learning the basics about first pro cut and other softwares like indesign. We learnt about photoshop even though we already knew how it worked before in first year of media. I was really nervous on the first day, so nervous that I deleted our work on the mac but we got it back in the end which fustrated me even more. 


What did I learn about photoshop?
  • I learnt how to put two layers, one layer for the picture, another onw for the background.
  • I coloured the writing which I already knew but didnt tremember where the icons were
  • I was able to place text around the picture
  • I learnt to cut the picture





What did I learn about Indesign?
  • I learnt that indesign is mainly used for logos.
  • I used indesign to design the title for the magazine.
  • learnt how to set up a msater page
First day of editing: we done a minute of the editing. It was really hard editing on this day because we were not aware of how hard the software was however we overcome this problem by asking the teacher to help us with the basics. From just this lesson on the basics of film pro, we were able to cut part of sequences and put them in the order that we want. On this day, we tried to learn how to put in the writing on top of the film and how it can be continuous.

I would say that this day was really frustrating because we wanted to learn everything in the short time we had but we got over it by learning a few things.
So we learnt the following that day:
How to place text on the film
How to make the text crawl
How to cut the sequence
How to add colour onto the text

The next day of editing, we were trying to edit the main part of the documentary which is the interview. The
interview was really hard because we had to cut out information that was going to be useful and the information that we will not need. The interview was 30minutes so as a group we had to discuss what kind of conventions we would want our audeineces to watch so we decided that the interview should be back to back of the psychiatrist and Naomi.

No comments:

Post a Comment